Property and Risk Services Associate
We are in search of a Property and Risk Services Associate responsible for all licensing functions related to the Agency’s fleet of vehicles including but not limited to the processing of motor vehicle registrations, replacement of lost and/or stolen license plates, vehicle traffic citations, E-Z pass acquisition and payment, etc.
Other duties include but not limited to oversight of the vehicle fleet maintenance schedule, vehicle safety inspection in accordance with agency policy and yearly state required inspection, coordinate vehicle repairs if necessary and monitor agency vehicle database and files for accuracy. They will contact claims adjustors and insurance carriers for information and to check claims. Monitors claim activities with the claim adjustor, broker and legal counsels. As well as assisting the Service Division Vice Presidents and the Regional Safety Committees in updating Occupation Health Service Providers and in the development and maintenance of OSHA Log.
This position reports directly to the Property and Risk Manager.
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
What we can offer you:
· Competitive starting salary
· Weekly pay
· Work/life balance
· Paid trainings / free trainings
· Generous vacation & sick leave
· Premium holiday pay
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Short-term and accident insurance
· Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost
· Retirement plan (401k)
· Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
· Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
Available shift: Days 8 am-4pm; Monday - Friday
All Team Members must:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Management, Business, Marketing, Risk Management, Safety and Health or related field, plus a minimum of two years' experience and training.
• Must possess good problem-solving skills
• Must be able to read and comprehend technical documents.
• Must be computer literate with the ability to operate a PC. Must possess a working knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Publisher and Microsoft Web Based Outlook.
• Must possess the ability to respond to complaints from families, consumers, regulatory bodies and the general community.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record AND able to pass a DMV background check.
• Must be able to travel on an occasional basis to other regions where the Agency operates and to educational conferences and trainings. Such travel may require overnight stays.
Direct Apply: https://careers.stepbystepusa.com/jobs/2150750
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.