We usually respond within three days
The Service Director maintains overall administrative and supervisory responsibility for all developmental disability programs in a defined geographical service area. Work is performed under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President Operations who reviews work for effectiveness and adherence to program policies and procedures. Acts as a member of the Northeast Regional Management Team to ensure optimal cooperation and coordination between all services.
- Ensures all programs are operated in accordance with the principles of Normalization, Positive Approaches and the principles elaborated in Everyday Lives.
- Responsible for management of all residential developmental disability programs within the Northeast Region operated by Step By Step, Inc. through the supervision of management and/or supervisory staff. Evaluates the operational programs for effectiveness of meeting the needs of the participants, funding sources and government oversight agencies.
- Responsible for the referral process; determines appropriateness of referrals, interviews applications, ensures receipt of required information, arranges trial visits, prioritizes referrals, etc.
- Oversees and reviews all contracted services to ensure that the needs of the consumers are identified, services are delivered, and reports are made.
- Develops and maintains an active relationship with staff of county departments and programs, supports coordination services, state and municipal departments and government entitles which fund, review, license, or otherwise influence the services provided.
- Coordinates licensing reviews. Develops plans of correction for deficiencies noted during survey for review and approval of the Vice President Operations.
- Ensures all federal, state, local, and county regulatory standards are met at all times.
- Assists the fiscal planning and development of the annual budget with assistance and approval of the Vice President Operations.
- Monitors expenditures throughout the year with guidance from the Vice President Operations.
- Reviews all incident reports and ensures appropriate management response has been implemented.
- Ensures appropriate preventative measures are taken to ensure safety and welfare of all consumers.
- Ensures consumer’s physical and emotional health is maintained through appropriate planning and makes recommendations for needed services.
- Attends provider meetings.
- Convenes and participates in team meetings to ensure consumer needs are met and ensures all Agency policies and procedures will be followed.
- Responsible for coordination and/or initiation of disciplinary actions and provides written counseling reports as necessary confirming Agency policy is followed.
- Ensures all required performance evaluations are written and reviewed by appropriate management staff.
- Provides on-the-job training to subordinates to assure their authority, duties, responsibilities, and accountability is understood.
- Assures the authority, responsibility, and accountability of directing the activities of all Northeast Region residential developmental disability programs.
(Education and/or Experience/Physical Demands/Other Skills and Abilities)
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree with 1-1/2 years experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, 1 year of which were in a supervisory capacity; or
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, 2 years of which were in a supervisory capacity.
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.
- ID/Autism Services
- Service Director
- Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA- Corporate Office
Loading application form
Already working at Step By Step Inc?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.